Wishing you all a healthy and safe 2021. The Walk to Remember committee met through Zoom this past Monday night and we have decided to move forward with a virtual Walk.
While we look forward to continuing a longstanding tradition of honouring our loved ones while walking in their memory and raising funds for BFO-Durham, things will look a little different this year due to the current environment:
- We welcome everyone to walk either on your own or with your household anytime between now and Sunday, March 7, 2021. After this, we ask that you email or mail your sponsor sheets to our office
- We encourage everyone to contact family and friends to sponsor BFO-Durham, in a year where our Walk will be adapting to our current restrictions. One option would be to set up a charitable fundraiser on your personal Facebook page, with donations going directly to BFO-Durham (please make sure to select “charitable”). Other forms of social media could also be used to spread awareness of the event, including Instagram
- Unlike previous years where the Walk has taken place in one location, this year’s setup will allow for family and friends to support and take part, regardless of where they are located. We encourage all participants to submit a video of what their Walk will look like this year – details to follow
- There will be a silent auction set up online, similar to the one we did in the fall. This will launch roughly one week before the March 7, 2021 deadline
- We will also have prizes for the top three members with the highest amount of money raised
Further details regarding our Walk to Remember 2021 will be found in our newsletter which will come out at the end of January.
Thank you and stay safe,